Saturday, October 06, 2007

Elegant Stairway



After living a year and a half I still cant get over the wonderful architecture of the house. The staircase is the first thing you see as you enter the foyer. It captures your attention and draws you into the hallway so it can show off its beautfuly turned baulisters and golden oak woodwork as it acends hevenly and out of sight. I never tire of looking at it and only when I have to go upstairs which is seldom do enjoy the openness of the stairwell and the view into the second parlor. It is functional yet it is designed to impress all who enter. It also said much of the original family who chose such a centerpiece for the home. I can only imagine what the rest of their furnishings would have been like in order to compete. Ok now the daydreaming`s over and time to get to work before Christie catches me slacking! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Our stairway is similar. And,, I agree, we never tire of marveling at its beauty! Our landing has an 8 foot high keyhole stained glass window that is the greatest piece of ever changing art we've ever seen! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment.