Thursday, September 20, 2007

More finish work




We have gotten more painted. It takes a long time because you have to let the different colors dry before you can paint the next one. I have been repairing the posts on the north side which had the worst rot. I will be so glad when these are done. North side of foyer has been repaired and I`m replacing the siding on the lower section, the verticle beadboard. It was rotted very badly , and I was lucky to have the old pantry/laundry covered in the same board so I started removing it this morning. Surprizingly it came off very well with very little splitting. Now the wall will look much better and last a lot longer as well. The pantry also has some of the OG lap siding on the outside That I can get for other aeras. The pantry is on the back of the house and I may use the Hardieplank to replace the siding on it. Well, Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Love the paint colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just, wow.

    That looks fantastic.

    jm_houseinprogress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment.